It'd be easier if you were more specific.
Thoughts opinions and experiences please.
It'd be easier if you were more specific.
We should eliminate them and take over the uk film world.
Has anyone here successfully/unsuccessfully applied for any of their schemes or cash?
Thoughts opinions and experiences please.
I agree Viva La Resistance
I looked at the paperwork once. There were far too many "strings" for my liking.
------------------------
Seriously, my film would have looked like "Supermarionation".
Yeah. I sent a short script into Northern Film and Media (my local body of UK film council) for a scheme called 'Stingers' (Shorts under 5 mins). It was picked along with 7 others to be put into production. The budget was ?7k. I was paid for writing it.
I thought the scheme was great, it has helped me out a great deal and I'm grateful of the experience.
My only gripe came when the production was finsihed. The film council catalogued all of the productions and put the rights up for sale without marketing any of them. They didn't enter any of them for festivals, or budget for any type of marketing. Shame.
Its funny that this came up around this time, ive recently been approached by a friend of mine (who works in the industry) with a proposal -
she wants to get into producing indie films and she knows im a very keen (if not new) dirctor and wants me to direct a project for her that she wants to get founded by the UK film council.
so far my impressions of them are that their offering good opertunitys to indie film makers which has to be a good thing right?
What sort of strings do they inforce?
I'm quite nevious about the whole thing because so far my only exprience has been a few film courses and directing and writing two shorts, but she very keen on me being the director because of how passionate i am about film making and i guess she likes the work shes seen me do so far.
Before we really start work on it i hope to have finished a few more courses and 5 more shorts but still this is really jumping in the deep end with a fully founded feature. Do you guys think i maybe going out of my depth?
You won't learn if you don't make mistakes.
NEVER turn down a directing job, especially if it's a paid gig.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i don't like her big handsOriginally posted by Kiff_Kroker:
simone bendix = total babe
and that means
space precinct = highly watchable
<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ January 10, 2005 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Kiff_Kroker ]</font></font>
Bookmarks